Cold Sores are painful and can impact your self-confidence. At Northern Hills Dental, we are proud to offer Laser Cold Sore treatment.
What are Cold Sores (Herpetic Lesions)?
Cold sores, sometimes called fever blisters, are groups of small blisters on the lip and around the mouth that are caused by the herpes simplex virus. This virus usually enters the body through a break in the skin around or inside the mouth. They can be spread when a person touches a cold sore or contacts the infected fluid from sharing eating utensils or razors, or through kissing or touching that person’s saliva. A parent who has a cold sore often spreads the infection to his or her child in this way.
What are the benefits of using a laser in treating cold sores?
- It is high tech, yet affordable, and often covered by your insurance
- The laser energy destroys the virus that causes the sore
- Relief is immediate and profound
- Help prevent sores if treated once the lip starts tingling
- Arrests the progression of the lesion after treatment
- Faster healing
- The treatment takes just a few minutes and without anesthesia
- After treatment, sores reoccur with less intensity and frequency at the same location
Benefits of Choosing Laser Dentistry Procedures
Lasers can be used for everything from Cosmetic Dental Treatments to General Dentistry Treatments as well as Family Dental procedures. Some of the more common uses of lasers in our practice are for the following procedures:
- Scaling and Root Planing (Periodontal Laser Therapy)
- Relieve the pain of Cold Sores and Fever Blisters
- Fix Your Smile by contouring/shaping your gums
- Remove Oral Growths
With laser dentistry, it allows us to be faster and more effective at delivering you our dental services. Since we can perform many procedures without anesthetic, there is generally less trauma experienced, and your swelling can be tremendously reduced. At Northern Hills Dental we are proud to offer our patient’s lasers dentistry for most treatments.
To learn more about our laser dentistry services, we invite you to contact our office for a consultation appointment.